Sunday, 23 December 2012

We are who we choose to be - we need to stand in our own space and know that we are capable of living our dreams.... 

Fulfilling Dreams

For as long as I can remember the only thing I ever wanted was to be an author.  I constantly dreamed that one day I would see my name on the cover of a novel, but life got in the way and it wasn't until active motherhood ended and retirement became fact that I was actually ready to revisit my lifelong dream. And now, having an abundance of life experiences to reflect on, and having many credits from the school of hard knocks, I hopefully can pour out my thoughts. It is time to write!

Where to start - so many words and so much to say - where should my book begin? Should it be truth or fiction? How do I use my words and thoughts to relay my message through fiction?  Of course, I have only one story to tell and that is my story - I can't tell anyone else's. But my story encompasses much and is full of many experiences, trials and tribulations along the paths of my life journey. If I can separate all of my footprints into tales of truth and fantasy, by so doing I should be able to deliver my unique message. Hopefully, the message that I have to tell will be what attracts the reader as they travel through my ('yet to be written') novel, and, although it may not contain all the impressive insights of the world of literary geniuses, I will wish that the reader will become aware of my writer's heart. And, as I begin diligently now to shape my 'novel', I will continue to remind myself that it really doesn't matter what I write, as what I believe and treasure will ultimately show through.

No comments:

Post a Comment