Thursday, 13 December 2012

Happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige but on relationships with the people you love and respect...


Quest for Happiness

Along my life journey I set my goals and targets in my personal life. I felt wonderful when I reached those goals and awful when I did not achieve exactly what I set out to accomplish. All of this would be appropriate if I had even truly known what I wanted or needed. Often I had an idea what that was, but it was not always the right idea.

While walking my path, through peaks and valleys, I learned that happiness is not something that is ready-made, but something that comes from my own actions and is actually the consequence of my personal efforts. I fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, but I will never be truly happy if I keep searching for what happiness consists of - I can never live fully if I keep looking for the meaning of life. I must remind myself that I will become what I say when I talk to myself. With that in mind, I must tell myself  that I can nearly always enjoy life if I make up my mind to believe firmly that I will.

Every moment of my life is a fresh start - a new level of  happiness. There is no direct route to my happiness as happiness IS the way - a feeling that I can tap into - not an outcome of events. I can be happy without changing anything in my life except my own relationship to my own thinking. I need to commit to making happiness my state of mind, rather than relying on a set of circumstances and/or particular people in my life, to do it for me.

I am free to experience my journey negatively or positively and the choice I decide to make will determine my attitude. What I see, and how I see it, depends mainly on what I am looking for, and if I choose to see the positive I will be happy and if I tap into this happiness I will be able to enjoy my journey and will be satisfied when I reach my destination.


Look at the bright side of everything and happiness will follow.

If you take good care of the moment, happiness will take care of itself.

Happiness is living the best you can, with what you have been given, and where you are on your journey.

No  one can make you unhappy without your consent.


No comments:

Post a Comment