Finally Love
Written by Beverlee Blampied (c) 2007
I've loved and lost too many times, my heart could stand no more
And just when I thought I'd not find love there he was at my heart's doorI struggled - should I let him in - should I risk the pain?
But, oh how right it felt and this time I had everything to gain
So I took the chance and laid my heart bare - open - for him to see
My prayers were finally being answered; I knew he was the one for me
I can't describe the joy I feel just being at his side
And the intensity of my love for him is something I can not hide
His touch, his smile, his warm embrace, they thrill my very soul
With so much joy and happiness my life is finally whole
His voice, it soothes me, makes me smile - it is music to my ears
And when I'm wrapped up in his arms he takes away all my fears
I questioned God - why he took so long to bring true love around
Why was it not many years ago that a love such as this was found
He answered me - "You had so much to learn before you could appreciate
That that for which you've yearned you really had to wait
But with each broken heart, you see, you've learned so very much
And now you are ready for his love, your tender heart to touch"
I thought about the things God said to my heart, right then
And realized he was so right to send him now, not then
For now I can truly share with him so much more than love
I now accept, deep within my soul, that he was sent from heaven above
To share my life, my hopes, my dreams - my laughter and my tears
And I will share his - as he has asked me to
As we walk softly through our autumn years
I promise you
A place you can always come for comfort, eyes you can look into and trust, a hand you can reach for and a heart that will understand and not judge
I promise you
A shoulder to cry on, and a close and caring intimacy that you will always know
I promise you
A door that is always open, a caring gentle hug everyday, and time that is devoted to you
alone
I'll hold you for a lifetime if you'll just hold my hand
Love isn't something you can schedule - it just happens - and can come at all ages and stages and stations of life
You are the only person, without exception, to whom I can tell all that my heart contains
What greater experience is there than for two people to feel that they are joined in life - to strengthen each other in sorrow, to help each other through pain and to be with each other
in silent, unspeakable memories
I will always do everything I can to understand you. You can tell me what's wrong and I will try to hear what you feel. I will listen whenever you speak to me, whether through a smile or a tear and even in your most difficult moment all you have to do is say the word and your hand and my hand will hold on to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment