Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Each and every day of our life journey we awaken to a day in which we can choose to be grateful....

Gratitude... 

It often takes a tragedy, be it personal or of the world, to wake me up, to make me re-evaluate my life and appreciate what I have, even though my personal life history has had a lot of turmoil. Perhaps the reason for this is that when tragedy strikes everything becomes instantly prioritized. I quickly realize what matters most and what I care about and who I love, and anything that is not essential is ignored. Yet, when things are going well and happy times have accumulated, it can be so easy to overlook the blessings in my  life. I can  take for granted the relationships that I am fortunate enough to still have and easily get caught up worrying about everyday, trivial incidentals.

Each and every day I am blessed with so much and each and every day I have someone or something in my life to be grateful for, and, to keep my perspective in the midst of a tragedy that the world has recently witnessed with the shooting in Connecticut, USA, I will continue to constantly remind myself that my life and the people in it - my relationships with those I love - are where my gratitude should be placed.

The sorrow, on a personal level, that is now being experienced by the families and friends of those whose lives were so cruelly and senselessly taken, is a sorrow that will never heal and their lives will never be the same, but life will go on for them and with it, hopefully, will be their gratitude for the short time that they were able to have had their loved ones with them. I will continue to learn from this tragedy and put my gratitude in my field of view and be able to know that when/if a tragedy strikes in my small world, I will have, even though I could not be in control the outside forces, been truly centered on the people of value in my life and not have to regret that love became an eternity in a single moment.     

No comments:

Post a Comment