Sunday, 16 March 2014

The truth flows from the pen and those who read it, know it.....


Writing Lessons

Writing has been an incredible tool for learning about myself. I've written many words and I've made a lot of mistakes along the paths of my life journey. I have failed a lot but I have also learned much in the process, and in that process I have become more adept at being an effective writer and an effective communicator and thinker. 

I choose to write this blog because I have found that it is a good way to reach a particular audience, a good way to practice my writing on a daily basis (hopefully), a good way to reflect on what I have been learning, a good way to share with others so that they may learn and/or benefit, and mostly, a good way to continually learn about myself.

It has been said that most of us who like to write are insecure people and perhaps that is the thought as that would be an obvious byproduct of putting our souls out for criticism and judgment. But to be ever fearful of other's negative thoughts would be a waste of my time and energy, and it certainly would do me no good as a writer. What is good for me is to move away from all such negativity and I do this through mindfulness and by constantly reading - I read books and magazines and other blogs - and reading the words of other authors gives me inspiration. Reading hands me ideas, and shows me better ways to write, all the while giving me free access to the best teachers in the craft of writing.

Writing has changed my life in both obvious and unseen ways - I am now a published book author - but when I publish a post on this blog I can, and do, continually hope that my post will be of use to someone. The responses I have received have often been incredible - readers have told me how much one of my stories has changed their journey and that to me, is awesome - an experience like no other. When I put something out into the 'public' I have no idea what kind of impact it might have on others - it might not do anything - but it could have a profound effect in someone's life. This, to me, is truly powerful and a very good reason to 'keep on blogging'.....    

No comments:

Post a Comment