Saturday, 1 March 2014

Our birth is not an accident - each and every one of us matters and each and every one of us has a specific 'mission' to fulfill in this world.....

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is my birthday - another year has passed and I again look back on my failures and my successes, and think about my goals for my future, however long that future may be, as I now enter my 69th year.

Where have all the years gone - the calendar of my life seems to have turned so swiftly. Not that long ago - only yesterday - I was fifty - a half century old! And now, in the blink of an eye, I am  a woman of senior years, with silver hair, and crows feet and wrinkles portraying the tales of my life journey.  I am now a woman 'of age' reflecting upon my 'golden' years with nostalgia and some sombre tears.

Like a streaming movie, one more year has gone by and as the sun rose today on my 68th birthday I decided that it is no longer necessary to count the years, as, at this stage of my life, age really doesn't mean anything specific anymore. It is time, instead, to turn over the page on this annual gauge. It is time to use this and future birthdays as an opportunity to celebrate my life and my life accomplishments. It is time to be joyful for the chance to share the dance of my remaining journey with those who have chosen to travel by my side as I place more footprints along new paths.

Today, March 1, 2014, is, indeed, a special day - a birthday of importance - as now, with life's obligations, duties, rules, must do's, should do's and have to do's behind me, I am finally free to be me. I am free to live my life, fulfill my mission, in the way and the manner that I choose, working in my own way, according to the 'need' that is in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment