Saturday, 22 March 2014

I am stronger because I have had to be, I am smarter because of my mistakes, I am happier because I have overcome the sadness I have experienced, and I am wiser because I have learned well from my roots..... 


Connecting Roots

Roots - a word that symbolizes life and strength. The roots of a tree are a source of moisture and minerals and they provide a stabilizing factor which prevent a tree from succumbing to the elements. For humans, our roots are deeply embedded in our family (biological or otherwise) and our friends, particularly those who have known us most of our lives. They provide nourishment. They anchor us. They feed our souls.

There are retrospective occasions which urge us to stop and reflect, to return to our roots where hazy memories become clear and pulsate with life, when simple acts of long ago seem to take on a greater meaning and relevance today. Whether or not we appreciated those moments makes no difference as long as we take the time to reflect on them now.  It is never too late. Then there are times in our lives when we need to leave the past behind and move forward.

Either way, like the branches of a tree, we must sway and bend with the wind, for our roots are strong and intertwined forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment