Music Lifts My Soul
Music plays an important role in my life. It is, to me, like a best friend who is there to help me through all of my bad days and/or brighten up my already happy ones.
I am always listening to some genre of music - at home, in the car, when I first wake up, as I fall asleep...all the time. It amazes me how listening to music can be so therapeutic, taking away the pressures of stress related issues by encompassing me in a healing calmness. Or how it can be an energizer, helping me to wake up, complete a project, or get through an exercise workout. Yet, at the same time, music relaxes me at night and helps to send me into a peaceful sleep.
I am always listening to some genre of music - at home, in the car, when I first wake up, as I fall asleep...all the time. It amazes me how listening to music can be so therapeutic, taking away the pressures of stress related issues by encompassing me in a healing calmness. Or how it can be an energizer, helping me to wake up, complete a project, or get through an exercise workout. Yet, at the same time, music relaxes me at night and helps to send me into a peaceful sleep.
Music has a huge impact on my mood. When I'm having a bad day and need some cheering up I can listen to something with a good tempo, dance around a bit and experience an instant mood changer. Sometimes, on really rough days, I just need to cry it out rather than dance it out and so listen to something soft and mellow and the notes put me in just the right frame of mind, allowing the water works to turn on and drown out whatever is monopolizing my thoughts and then bring me back slowly to reality. I love songs with lyrics that truly touch the soul; songs that make me stop, think and feel. There are a lot of songs that I relate to so completely that it is almost as if I had composed the words. These are the songs that become more than just music to enjoy - they become part of who I am. These songs will always have a special place in my heart because when I hear them I will remember the time in my life when I had experienced those same emotions and then I am able to reflect on where life has taken me since.
I'm thankful for the power of music in my life - and thankful for all those who have the talent to write the words and the notes, and those who, with their beautiful voices, can perfectly bring out the emotion of a song, make beautiful music and unselfishly share it with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment