A Life Of Words
It has been said that when negative situations happen in our life it is not life punishing us but is life pushing us to wake up - everything happens for a reason and we need to prevail in every situation.
As we place our footprints along the paths of our life journey we will inevitably meet a fork in the road and we must make a choice as to which path to travel. This choice awakens us to the reality of what has become of our life, each and every time leaving us with the choice to either mend the past, or, if necessary, to redirect our path to a more favorable one, or continue down the same path, destined to be led by the random wind, whose destination is never predictable. But, if mindful, we will always be given an opportunity to find balance and we need to act on that opportunity. With the courage to move forward in life and not give up in the face of obstacles, we can look ahead positively all the while continuing to find our way.
We all dream and every once in a while we have the audacity to follow those dreams. We all have powerful potential that often lies dormant within our deepest aspirations. My dream has always been my desire to write.
I have learned along the paths of my life journey that the best way for me to learn something and to truly internalize it is to help share with others the knowledge that I have been trying to make my own - thus, the decision to put pen to paper and publish this blog in October, 2012. Through life's lessons I have discovered that I have certain strengths and weaknesses, and my aim in writing this blog is to strengthen my weaknesses by sharing my continually gained knowledge, through prose and poetry, both intertwined with fact and fiction, and thereby hopefully being of help to others who may be facing the same fork in the road. As of today, approximately one year and four months later, I have had 10,121 readers from all parts of the globe and it is my sincere hope that my blog entries have offered, and will continue to offer inspiration and hope - the comments I have received certainly attest to some success.
I have experienced some life-altering challenges and changes during the writing of this blog, some positive and some negative. I have found also that every dream comes with its unique struggles - no dream comes through without adversity and hurdles. But, most importantly, through sharing my words with others - words based on genuine experiences and hard-learned insights - I have finally found 'me' and my footprints of life will carry on - they are my life tapestry and memoirs for my family. I have learned and been inspired, and can now share my words and offer a port in the storm, if necessary, to whomever chooses to read my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment