Life Goes On
by Beverlee Blampied (c) 1982
I really feel quite empty since you went awayThe sun, once bright and brilliant, has suddenly turned gray
Words can never quite explain the emptiness I feel
My life just spins on recklessly, a bent and spoke-less wheel
You took the heart within me and turned it murky black
You left me in the morning mist, never to look back
I really should forget you, and God knows I have tried
But the good times that we did share are delved deeply in my mind
For such a long and endless while I naively wished you here
I'd wait from dawn till sunset and hope that you'd appear
But now my heart must harden, my tears must turn to ice
I must solidify my feelings, and I must constantly think twice
I must remind myself to think of all the pain and hurt and fear
I must remember all past sorrows every time I want you near
I must remember how I cringed inside and died a thousand deaths
Each time that your emotions took on such violent depths
The passion that we once shared, that used to bond us near
Has turned itself inwards, to emerge as hidden fear
I never knew what to expect when our embrace was through
I never knew what you thought, or what our love meant to you
But I always knew your discontent, your restlessness, your anger
I always knew your harshness, and only tasted of your hunger
For a closeness that you would not let me give
But a closeness I still believed you yearned for - a better love to live -
For if I can not hold on to the thought that you once cared
I can no longer allow myself to think of what we could have shared
And then I would not miss you when everything I do
Echoes with the thoughts and memories of you
You're in every corner, every turn and every twist
And every old familiar thought whispers how you are missed
Every where I go there are poignant memories
Silhouette and shadow of your form and face
Substance and reality, everywhere displaced
There is a strange, sad silence amid the busy whirl
Just as though the ordinary, daily things I do
Wait with me, expectant for a sign from you
But I must now remember that it was I who clung
To the constant fantasy that you and I would always be one
For no matter how much love I gave, you closed your heart to me
Your neglect and your rejection are now all that I can see
But I'll always have a part of you, a part of "us' with me
His love is far more precious - and life goes on
For your son and me.......
Loving You
Loving you was like loving a stormYour voice carried like thunder
You sent my hopes and my dreams
Crashing down like lightening
Then my tears fell like rain
Destroying everything I valued
I lost myself in your darkness
Searched for shelter from your violence
Was a fool to believe in your spirit
Alone, I stood
Distraught by your effect
My love passed like the storm
Strong and true
Only to be left behind
Soaked in pain
Left to rebuild
All that you had destroyed
No comments:
Post a Comment