Random Poetry written seven years ago at the fork in the road of my life journey
Written by Beverlee Blampied (c)
To risk love
To chance it all
Is the single
Most important adventure
In life's journey
Not to be missed
Because of fear
Love me
For who I am
Do not try to change me
Please try to understand
My heart
For within there lays
A burning need so deep
To just be loved
For being me -
Different though
I may be
I may be
A silence so deep
I feel as if I've been swallowed
A distance so vast
I feel before me an ocean
A place now so familiar
I feel fate has followed
A moment so rare
I feel the world in slow motion
My muscles can't find a steady pattern
My heart can't find a constant rhythm
But in this moment I want life
To return to me
To return to me
In this moment I want
Time to set me free
From all the moments
That were once lost
Explore the chambers of my soul
Release your mind for the journey
Open your heart
Hearing not only the words
But feel the love and the passion
That they unfold
He has escaped his bondage
To find a much worse fate
Family and friends are his enemies
His world is now full of hate
A world of many secrets
No two people are the same
Yet they all pretend to know
They all pretend that it's a game
He runs around blind
Tries to show thatit all make sense
Not realizing that the darkness
Just continues to get dense
He has escaped his bondage
But his prison remains intact
His heart can't make a move
Because he's been too hurt to act
My heart aches
And though it seems aimless
It waits for that moment
When real expression of emotion
Will appear
I'm waiting
For when I hear your voice
And unexpectedly
You'll make your real presence known
I'm waiting
For things to be without your past in the present
To be new once more -
To enjoy you for who you are
Not who you once were
Before
I can almost feel the silence of your heart
It cries with broken dreams, broken expectations
Pain
You try to escape
But your efforts are in vain
You think that no one will ever love you
That you can never trust again
You shed lonely tears in your search for love
But you keep coming back empty-handed
You search for someone to cherish you
And return once more with empty arms
But life can begin once more and now
Through your times
Through your times
Of loneliness and despair
Look deep within your heart
Again
As who you're searching for
May already be there
Here I am
Standing
Standing
With my heart open wide
Struggling
With tears in my eyes
With tears in my eyes
Waiting
For the touch of your hand
For the touch of your hand
Here I am
I don't fall in love so easily
But I've fallen in love with you
I don't fall in love so easily
But my heart tells me this time it's true
I don't even know how it should feel
Don't even know if it's truly real
I don't give my heart to just anyone
Don't even know how to do it
I don't give my heart to just anyone
Don't want to put myself through it
I used to pray some day I'd change
But I found a way to stay the same
I don't fall in love so easily
I don't even know where to start
I don't fall in love so easily
I don't understand my heart
It's so hard to drop my guard
I'm afraid to just let go
I don't fall in love so easily
So how am I to know
Direct me in which way to steer
The path ahead remains unclear
Chase away my menacing fears
Devote yourself to drying my tears
Stranger to my puzzled heart
You hold the pieces that play the part
Captured are my thoughts to start
Captured are my thoughts to start
Grasping what may fall apart
The sun danced around me that day
I had no clue what I would say
A force of nature held my hand
It was too much for me to understand
Time has marched on and the feeling is still there
Not much has changed, I am still unclear
Taking my time to make sure it is real
For entering love is a really big deal
That is the path when it comes to love being true
Maybe one day soon we'll be able to break through
And when the sun does shine upon your face
We'll have a race of the hearts, you and I
To a love that will ultimately last until the day we die
To a love that will ultimately last until the day we die
Dazzling sunshine sparkles the sky
As I stare deeply into his eyes
Can I believe now in him - my mind still holds doubt
But his eyes make the the doubt fly about
He really is genuine and true
It's so amazing what the truth will do
In that magical place
Where dreams fly free
And stars light the way
In that quiet place
I lay awake - I see your face
Lifted up, I embrace the night
And in that moment
We are together - complete
We are one
As life goes on we will know
See also : 'The Teddy Bear December 21, 2012 and 'Finally Love' December 8, 2012
Just how to let our true love grow
When we've become one in heart and soul
With a love that fills the deepest hole
With trust that leaves no doubt in our mind
The beauty of true love we will find
As pure as the light on a glistening dove
We'll have the greatest gift of all - unconditional love
Take my hand and I'll walk with you
Stay a while and I'll talk with you
Make you smile, and make you laugh
Make you forget your painful past
Show you that you're worth my time
See straight through to your heart
Without playing with your mind
Be patient with you and earn your trust
Honesty is another must
Stand with you and treat you right
Satisfy you through the night
Arms around you, hold you close
Be there for you - when you need me most
And when the time get tough
Lift you up when you're feeling low
I won't ever let you go
No comments:
Post a Comment