Thursday, 21 March 2013

It matters not what path we took, but rather what we became on our journey......  


Life's Journey

Written by Beverlee Blampied (c)


Life's journey has left me a little more tired
At the end of each day
And I'm a little less anxious to have my way 
A little less ready to find fault and place blame
And I'm a little less needy of fortune and fame
I have a little more laughter still to share
And yet I shed a few more tears
I'm not as active as I once was
But thankfully I have no more fears
As I now, with more life behind me than ahead
Am walking toward my journey's end
Where time and eternity will meet and blend
I'm traveling down the twisted, winding way
On a path that leads to a different stay
Heading to where we all must go
To a place where we, the living, don't yet know
The book of my life's journey is coming to a close
And when all is said and done
No sadness or tears are needed
But happy I'll be, if some can say
That they are a better person
Because I passed their way

No comments:

Post a Comment