Friday, 1 March 2013

At certain stages along my life journey it has been important to realize that there is a necessary process of catharsis.........

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is my birthday. And I will spend it doing the things I love -  writing, reading, and talking and laughing with those with whom I share my life journey, be they my significant other, my children, their spouses and their children - my grandchildren. And, of course, my closest friends.

Today is my birthday. And there will be moments of looking back, looking forward, and looking in. There will be memories of hard times, sad times, good times, happy times and times that seemed so totally impossible to repair. And there will be new memories that this day will provide.

Today is my birthday. And I will begin this new year of my life by creating a new 'me' - as sometimes I've become overly embroiled in my concern for my family, and my desire to be an integral part of their lives has taken precedence over things I should have been doing to maintain my own sense of well-being - and I have paid the emotional price. I will continue to be close and connected to them, yet separate. There are bound to be unpredictable plot twists in our family narrative, but each person must write their own story, and I can not manufacture, alter, or control their story any more than they, or I, can control mine. What will be, will be. 

Today is my birthday. And I will start the next stage of my life by expanding my mind and my heart. I will concentrate on having sharper ideas, clearer feelings and a more defined sense of purpose. And I will continue to use my creativity to express my emotions and fill my soul. And I will take ownership of my need for spirituality for the full essence of who I am.

Today is my birthday. And I will begin working at developing a creative tranquility, a condition in which I can be free from practical concerns - where I can provide myself an environment that stills my mind and quiets my heart - and then walk from my quiet moment, my walk by the river, my stroll through the woods, prepared to face the world with a fresh attitude. 

Today is my birthday. And the odd thing, the beautiful thing, is that even after many 'pot holes' on the paths of my journey, I feel good, optimistic even - about where I am, about where I've been, and about where I'm headed - even though I don't know exactly where that is. But I will believe that all things will turn out fine, no matter what, and I will learn to take things day by day. And I will trust. 

Today is my birthday. And I will continue to work toward linking my soul and my spirit as they work best when one is connected to the other, and their rhythm is very crucial to making me who I am.






No comments:

Post a Comment