Friday, 26 December 2014

Until we feel the spirit of Christmas, there is no Christmas.....


Reflections of Christmas

by Beverlee Blampied (c)

Each Christmas I remember
The ones of long ago
I see our home decorated and adorned
Overflowing stockings hanging in a row
Each Christmas has found me 
Dreaming of the days that used to be
With presents hidden everywhere
For all my family
Family presents opened first -
So excited, my children felt that they would burst
Then Santa's gifts were the next to go
Tearing off the wrapping and the bow
Each Christmas I remember
The fragrance in the air
Of roasting turkey and mince pies
The smell of Christmas cookies
Baked with tender care
I love the smell of the Christmas season
Along with all the lights
The evergreen tree so fragrant
All part of  a larger reason
Each Christmas now finds me longing
For the Christmases of my past
So I can jump back into 'motherhood' 
As long as my memories last
Each Christmas now I must remind myself
That though it is a time for family love and fun
It is also a time to give my heart
To each and everyone
Time for me to reshape my soul, my roots, my skies
Freely, like a rich and lavish sun
Time to replenish the unbreakable ties
Of mother, daughter and son
As there is so much more to Christmas
Than candlelight, food and cheer -
It's the spirit of sweet friendships 
That can brighten all my year
It's thoughtfulness and kindness
It's hope, reborn again
For peace, for understanding
For good will toward all men
Christmas is for giving
And for showing that I care
For honouring one another other
With my simple gifts I share
As I hope each gift will be treasured
Knowing that it is not the size or the price
That determines the extent of love
And my willing sacrifice
As whether the gift was large or small
Each gift shares in part
The message of true Christmas joy
When given from my heart
Christmas is forever
Not for just one day -
For loving, sharing, and giving
Are not to be put away
I must keep Christmas memorable
Filled with truth and hope and peace
That the memories might live forever
And my true family will never cease
And when I can not find my way
I need only light a memory flame
To celebrate with the special people in my life
And I can share our Christmas journies again..... 







No comments:

Post a Comment