Thursday, 18 December 2014

Along the paths of my life journey I have discovered that the mind will continue to replay what the heart can not delete - my grandchildren will forever be a part of my mind and my heart.....


Child Of My Child

By Beverlee Blampied (c)

Little episodes tickle my memory
Observing all the things that you do
Flutters of happiness occur in my soul
As I really take notice of you
Your smiles bridge the years between us
And I can be young once more
Rediscovering the world through your eyes 
You open the future's door
I gaze in awe at familiar features
Made new again in you each day
As you offer me the promise of tomorrow
And the hopes of dreams that will stay
You fill in the little bits and pieces
That I missed during the parenting 'bend'
As you have the time to listen
And I now have the time to spend
So these moments spent now with you
Are gifts - a profound treasure
Locked lovingly forever in my heart
The true memories by which I can measure                                           
Through you I can see the future
Through me you will know the past
But in the present we will love one another
For as long as these moments can last







No comments:

Post a Comment