Random thought for the day:
Life is one long journey. Along the way I have had personal missions to accomplish. Some have been big and all-encompassing, while others have been smaller, but nevertheless just as important in the overall picture. As I have passed through the various intersections in my life, sometimes, through it all, life's tediousness and seemingly impossible and often unfair complications have bogged me down. The detours along the way have cramped my style, made me 'thirsty' and painfully irritated me. Sometimes I have forgotten my destination and the reasons why I am even here. These are the moments when my journey seems pointless, monotonous and even hopelessly frustrating. But then, out of nowhere, and off in the distance, I catch sight of an opportunity to restock, fill up on spiritual nourishment, direction and reconnection. Life's lessons have taught me that these are the rest stops along my journey - times when I can become reinvigorated, refocus on my path and my purpose and thereby evaluate where I am heading and if I am on the right route. I have learned to take full advantage of these rest stops and now enjoy these special times - resting my footprints - focusing on the beautiful 'scenery' around me - stopping and stretching, regrouping and refocusing. Intuitively, I know that when my footprints get back on the paths of my journey I will be far more calm and certain of where I am heading.
No comments:
Post a Comment