Random thought for the day:
Life's lessons, and aging, have taught me - have given me a true sense - that what I know is what I know, and that whoever doesn't agree with me no longer has the power to make me change my mind or erase my footprints. The only justification that I need for having an opinion is that it is my opinion. I might be right or I might be wrong, but under no condition do I need to be silent, any longer, about what I believe. My lessons have come in all forms, from all kinds of people and situations and I have learned that It doesn't matter who we are, what we do, how much money we make or whom we know, we all deserve to love and be loved, and to live life to its fullest. We can be there for one another, no matter our mistakes and hurts of the past. We can open our hearts to the love around us. Upon reflection, love has always been present in my life, in all of my experiences, and even in my tragedies. Love continues to be alive and tangible and it is what now gives my days their deep meaning and spiritual fullness and I need to continue to nourish my own emotional and spiritual needs, or no amount of material success will bring me satisfaction. Embracing this need for change as I get older - an emotional pressure as one phase of my life continues to transition into another - is simply a time for one part of me to die and for something knew to be born. Today I have far more of an understanding of what each breath of life has been for, and I can now accept my life, past and present, and finally truly live it - as I, and I alone, know how deep in my heart it is meant to be lived.
No comments:
Post a Comment