Friday, 14 February 2014

When I chose to love myself I chose life.....


Valentine's Day Is Here

Valentine's Day is here - again - another year. Love is in the air. And you can enjoy the day whether you are in a committed relationship, or happily existing with your special someone or living in the single mode. There is nothing holding you back from having a good time on Valentine's Day besides you.

Valentine's Day can be enjoyed by everyone. Yes, it is a hyped as a romantic day filled with gifts of flowers and chocolates (and jewels if you're really lucky!) and for couples it is a day to acknowledge their love for each other. But for those without a partner, it does not need to be looked upon as a romantic holiday but simply as a Love Day - a day in which you can love yourself. It is only one day out of the year and life can be lived as usual even though the hype of the day always stirs up peoples emotions and seems to overpower rational thoughts.  I remember, when walking along some rocky and twisting paths in my life journey, and through my many years of being 'single', deciding not to let the romance of Valentine's Day effect me anymore and when the day arrived I would buy myself a bouquet of flowers (not roses - couldn't afford them!) to remind myself that I should/could/would love myself and did not need anyone else to complete me or define who I was by their degree of love. It was my chance to have a real relationship with myself, everyday. And when I learned to love myself, I eventually attracted love to me.

On this Valentine's Day, February 14, 2014, I want to wish the man in my life a Happy Valentine's Day and thank him for our wonderful life, rich with family and friends, and for being my soul mate as we make footprints together through the senior years of our life journey -  Forever & Always - No matter What!








No comments:

Post a Comment