Tuesday, 18 February 2014

The lessons learned along the paths of our life journey help us to learn who we really are.....

Being One With Myself

By Beverlee Blampied (c)

Being one with myself
Is sitting in silence
And not minding the silent noise
It is experiencing nostalgia
And reminiscing
Without emotionally reacting
To hurtful and negative memories
It is instant recall photos -
Images fluttering through my mind
Of family and friends 
With whom I share my path
It is tea in the morning
The afternoon
And the evening
With rich, flavorful coffee
Anytime in between
It is a messy food-filled kitchen
As I prepare a meal
To be shared with family or friends
It is the aroma of
Yet another tray
Of Peanut Butter cookies
Baking in the oven
Awaiting a visit
With my grandchildren
It is the sharing of laughter
And a midnight snack
With the love of my life
It is letters received
In the mail 
And random calls
Just because - 
From those I love
Talking for hours
As we share our footprints
It is the smell of books
As I again leaf through
Their annotated pages
It is lit candles
And aromatic plug-ins
Permeating the rooms
In which I exist
It is music
Filling the house with notes
That wash away from my soul
The dust of everyday life
It is cups in the sink
Books on the floor
And an unmade bed
Because I am too busy
Writing my next blog entry
And above all else
It is being comfortable
Knowing that I am
Who and where I am
Because this is exactly
Who and where
I choose to be


No comments:

Post a Comment