My Life's Symphony
I have grown as I've walked my journey. Along the bumpy paths and the many highs and lows of life, I have finally learned that I am responsible for my own life and therefore have the right to have my own beliefs, ideas and values, without apology. I can now live in the present moment, free of guilt from the past or worry for the future. I can be aware of and fulfill my own needs - I can have dreams, goals, and ideals - and I can make them happen.
My spiritual journey has taught me that I now want to be worthy, not just respectable, so I try everyday to think quietly - to study, to learn, and to write. I no longer have to expect immediate results or changes, or want control - I can wait and life will take its course - and while waiting I am entitled to feel happy, satisfied and can experience inner peace. I can be imperfect, and admit to it, and in that process, allow people to help me, without feeling guilty, unworthy or dependent. While accepting and respecting myself and others, I can set my own priorities about my use of time, money, space and energy, and thereby change, emerge and expand in new directions. I have discovered that I am allowed to relax, to let go, or to 'do' nothing and in that mode I now take the time to listen to the birds, see the stars, and smell the roses. I have learned the importance of talking gently and acting always in truth and in honesty. I can have, and express, all my emotions, and let others know how I want to be treated, and no-one is entitled to take that away from me, and with this freedom I have now learned to take care of my whole being; my mind and my spirit.
In summary, I can now let the spiritual part of my life look after my soul - nothing can be more important, and through life's dark times, times that have been painful, discouraging and challenging, I have been able to discover what my life is really about. Skills and power have emerged from my frustrations and ignorance, and the other half of who I am has come into view. I am more deeply rooted and no longer just dependent on facts and reason. I am now free to make a more realistic impact on my world as my symphony grows ever closer to completion.....
My spiritual journey has taught me that I now want to be worthy, not just respectable, so I try everyday to think quietly - to study, to learn, and to write. I no longer have to expect immediate results or changes, or want control - I can wait and life will take its course - and while waiting I am entitled to feel happy, satisfied and can experience inner peace. I can be imperfect, and admit to it, and in that process, allow people to help me, without feeling guilty, unworthy or dependent. While accepting and respecting myself and others, I can set my own priorities about my use of time, money, space and energy, and thereby change, emerge and expand in new directions. I have discovered that I am allowed to relax, to let go, or to 'do' nothing and in that mode I now take the time to listen to the birds, see the stars, and smell the roses. I have learned the importance of talking gently and acting always in truth and in honesty. I can have, and express, all my emotions, and let others know how I want to be treated, and no-one is entitled to take that away from me, and with this freedom I have now learned to take care of my whole being; my mind and my spirit.
I know that looking after family relationships and true friendships is, for me, extremely necessary - that I must have healthy, life-enhancing relationships, where clear communication is valued - and that I can make conscious decisions to change these relationships when they are not working well. I am learning to handle all related issues cheerfully, and to accept the negatives bravely. I have discovered that the roles we play in each other's lives are only as powerful as the trust between us. Most importantly, I have, through much suffering and soul searching, learned that family isn't always blood - it's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are; the ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you - no matter what. No matter how hard or difficult my life may be, this true 'family' (be they biological or acquired) holds a sacred trust for me, and can be my soft place to fall, and this is one of the most meaningful aspects of unconditional love. I have also learned that to risk love was the single most important, but most rewarding challenge that I have faced. Through risking it, I have learned that selfless love means rising above my own needs and that two people can walk in different directions but still remain side by side - love is the power that cements and binds - anything less than love is not love at all.
In summary, I can now let the spiritual part of my life look after my soul - nothing can be more important, and through life's dark times, times that have been painful, discouraging and challenging, I have been able to discover what my life is really about. Skills and power have emerged from my frustrations and ignorance, and the other half of who I am has come into view. I am more deeply rooted and no longer just dependent on facts and reason. I am now free to make a more realistic impact on my world as my symphony grows ever closer to completion.....
No comments:
Post a Comment