Sunday, 15 March 2015

Secrets can't keep.....

Thought for the day:
Along some of the paths of my life journey I encountered people who presented me with situations that were better left unspoken and so secrets were borne. Keeping secrets was intoxicating -  knowing  things that others didn't - having something hidden in my heart that only I knew about. The anticipation of the secret being revealed sometimes even provided a rush like no other. But eventually the secrets bore weight. They stole my breath. They held me in places that I no longer wanted to stand. They made me pick sides. They indebted me, indentured me, enslaved me, and dehumanized me. I became the secrets and the secrets became me and the two things were irreconcilable without the other to the point that I was not sure I was ever without the secrets at all. And I came to believe that I was only ever the secrets that I carried and nothing more - not a very comfortable place to have landed. Through life lessons along my journey, I have learned to eliminate secrets from my life - they have no place in my world. The truth is far more powerful than any secret. The truth, be it believed and/or accepted by others - or not - is all I need to know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment