Worthiness
By Beverlee Blampied (c)
In your eyes again
Will you still be worthy in mine?
With methodical planning
And devious ploys
You chose to defeat and malign
Deep in thought each day
Since you tossed me away
I've now had time to discover
What is really true
I now see you
Without the obstacles
I now see the uncovered you -
So I ask you
With totally candid concern
What makes you worthy of me?
I finally believe
That there no longer is
A reason for us to be
When you forgive
What you think I've done
Remember then your own guilt
And that we can now never
Mend the broken bond
Behind the false walls that you've built
With your continued absence in my life
My strength has genuinely grown
As your maliciousness continues
To make me aware and strong
So if and when you decide
I am worthy again
Sing silently your humble song.....
No comments:
Post a Comment