Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Our life journey guides us to many crossroads - no matter which road we choose the journey is always endless but no matter which path we walk we are offered many new experiences...... 


The Crossroads of My Heart

When I reflect on my life thus far, I see now that most of my footprints are well connected. This has not always been so. There have been myriads of events and circumstances along my journey that were not always favourable or logical and may never even be possible to understand, but perhaps with more passing of time, and the wisdom I have gained through the many trials, they will all some day make sense to me. 

Following my heart and making my own path in life has presented me many choices. Some of my decisions were impulsive and some were even highly calculated risks but every decision I have made has offered me the chance to learn, to grow, to feel, to love and to live life to its fullest. At the end of the day what has truly mattered is the cumulative experience, both negative and positive, that I have gained along the way.

I have learned that the choices I make today will lead me toward my ultimate goal, but that any path I choose will also lead me to another crossroad and another decision. Despite much reading, listening and introspecting I have yet to find an answer, other than my heart, that will help lead my footprints down the 'right' path. There will always be choices that I will need to make, and many times my heart will lead my head. There will always be new needs, new desires, both equally necessary and both equally important to leading a fulfilling life . Although the difficult part will always be which way to turn at each crossroad, it is exciting to again be open to whatever life has to offer as I continue to place my footprints along the paths of my journey.    

No comments:

Post a Comment