Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Today is the morning after attending the 2nd half of a wonderful writers workshop that was held at The Markham Public Library and led by Rashmee Karnad-Jani.  Rashmee has a wealth of wisdom and insight that she shares so willingly and she presents a very positive and human approach to the art of writing. She has given me a huge boost of confidence and renewed ambition.  I'm stepping up to the plate and putting pen to paper (or finger to keyboard!) and am anxious to see where my words will flow and what footprints I can leave in the sand of life's journey.......  



By Beverlee Blampied (c) 2012 

I write of my feelings

Misused, abused
Confused and distressed
Fearful of being silently illiterate
With so much yet to say
But ever fearful of saying it
And now in the shadow of my senior years
Familial Alzheimer Disease possibly lurks around the corner
Threatening to cover me
In it's dark veil of forgetfulness and helplessness
Tomorrow has not been promised to me
So while I can
I write


No comments:

Post a Comment